What is PowerShell ISE?
The PowerShell Integrated Scripting Environment (ISE) is a graphical application for Windows PowerShell.
PowerShell ISE Features
- A Command pane for running interactive commands.
- A Script pane for writing, editing, and running scripts.
- Open 8 execution tabs which can run in parallel and in the same time
- Multiline editing in the Command pane lets you paste multiple lines of code, run them, and then recall them as a unit.
- A built-in debugger for debugging commands, functions, and scripts. You can set and remove breakpoints, step through your code, check the values of variables, and display a call-stack trace.
- Customizable features let you adjust the colors, font, and layout.
- A scriptable object model lets you further customize and extend Windows PowerShell ISE. You can add functionality, including menu items. Also, you can access the session, the files, and the editor to create your own features.
- Line and column numbers, keyboard shortcuts, tab completion, context-sensitive Help, and Unicode support make Windows PowerShell ISE an efficient and productive environment for using Windows PowerShell. Windows PowerShell even lets you open files by using a drag-and-drop operation.
How to install it?
Go to “Server Manager”
Go to “Features” and the “Add Features”